Friday, February 24, 2017, Annual General Meeting
Doors open at 6:30 p.m., meeting starts at 7:30 p.m.
Cobourg Public Library
Silent Auction: in support of WBFN's Education initiatives. Please come early to browse. Some of the items donated for the auction are:
- Annual Vehicle Permit for Presqu'ile Provincial Park
- Gift certificates from the Dutch Oven, Rainbow Cinemas, Pizza Hut and Best Western's Arthur's Restaurant
- A selection of framed original, printed, and photographed artwork
- Gift baskets from Paulmac Pets, the Town of Cobourg, Sun Tree Natural Foods (Port Hope)
- CAA duffle bags
- Pizza for a year gift basket from Boston Pizza
- Backyard Seeds - feeder and seed
- Birding and Boating tours from local experts
- Ganaraska Forest Centre hiking membership
- Lake's Bees items
- Ten Thousand Villages Peruvian pottery
- Canadian Tire - Tasco binoculars
- What’s In Store - Packit freezable lunch bag
- plus other unique items donated from WBFN members including books and a tripod!
Speaker: Omar McDadi
Topic: Learn about Rouge National Urban Park – Canada’s first and only national park in an urban setting
The presentation will provide an overview of the park’s rich natural, cultural, and agricultural heritage, and highlight its incredible biodiversity and early conservation and restoration success stories. Originally from Ontario, Omar spent 16 years in western Canada working as a wildlife biologist and educator in Banff, Yoho, and Kootenay national parks and at the Bamfield Marine Science Centre. Since 2014, Omar has been working on the establishment of Rouge National Urban Park in the Greater Toronto Area.